1) Line breaks are not or not nicely displayed / 2) Cryptic names in attachments



  • Hey there UVDesk Community

    I'm writing you in this forums, because I have two odd problems, when answering Tickets using UVDesk.
    The version of UVDesk I'm running is V -1.0.16.

    So the first problem I'm having is the following:

    When there is a ticket inside the ticket system, I can answer them without hassle.
    But after the answer has been sent to the customer, the formatting differs from the original.

    Here an example:
    Original message

    Here the source code, if it could be helpful:
    Source code of the original message

    As you can see, there are multiple line breaks in the message (it's in German, but that doesn't have an influence to the problem).

    After I sent the mail, the formatting seems to be already different inside UVDesk.
    Formatting inside UVDesk

    And the same, if I take a look at the answer inside Outlook.
    Formatting inside Outlook

    I don't know if it's a bug or if I've missed a config, but It's a little annoying.

    The second problem I have are the attachments:
    I've noticed, that when I upload a file, the original name won't be displayed, instead a random filename containing letters and numbers. You can open the file, but still this is unattractive to the eye.

    For example, I have a file called "Mewni Kingdom.pdf" on my System.
    PDF on system

    When I upload it to the message draft, it seems to be normal.
    Attachment in message draft

    But the same as with the formatting, when sending the message, the filename gets changed.
    Different filename

    Is there a solution to solve these problems?

    I'd appreciate every helpful answer I can get.
    Thank you very much in advance.

    Yours sincerely
    ~ LinuxSquare



  • @LinuxSquare Hi, welcome in the UVdesk forum.

    While we wait a reply from the UVdesk team I think the first text issue you are reporting is a bug and if I'm not wrong I experienced the same issue.

    regarding attachment maybe show a random name is a security measure.
    On my opinion attachments are currently upload in a directory that is not protected so every file attached can be download by anyone with the direct link or if a bad scan engine try to scans folders.

    Show the real name can be maybe more safe once UVdesk team will implement protected attachments:
    https://github.com/uvdesk/community-skeleton/issues/270



  • @LinuxSquare

    Will check if for formatting if it is going wrong till then you can test with other email service like gmail, yahoo etc.

    For Attachment rename issue.

    Please check the below link and make updates accordingly if you don't want to rename file name.

    https://github.com/uvdesk/community-skeleton/issues/299#issuecomment-674889556



  • @Sanjeev I opened a bug report, I have the same strong issue
    https://github.com/uvdesk/community-skeleton/issues/464



  • Hello @Sanjeev
    Thank you for the reply.

    The renaming files issue has been fixed with the link you provided. Thank you.

    And thanks to the issue report of @peopleinside, I could also fix the formatting error.

    Thank you very much for helping me out.

    Yours sincerely
    ~ LinuxSquare


Log in to reply