Fetch emails from a group

• @DD

As I checked your issue . this is because your raw content.

Update the following path function given below :

1. Open the MailboxService file, path of this file is given here :
      -> project-name\vendor\uvdesk\mailbox-component\Services\MailboxService.php

2. Find the function "getEmailAddress" , you can also see this function around line 150.

3. Take a backup of the code first and then delete the whole function (only getEmailAddress function) and paste the given code there .

public function getEmailAddress($addresses)
    {
    $check_mail = "";
    foreach ((array) $addresses as $address) {
    if($address['address'] != null){
    $email = explode(" ",$address['address']);
    $check_mail = $email[1];
    }
    $check_mail = $check_mail ?? $address['address'];
    if (filter_var($check_mail, FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL)) {
    return $check_mail;
    }
    }
    return null;
    }

Now, save the file and run the mailbox refresh command.

I hope this will work , if not please let me know .

• I get a Syntax Error.

1. Processing uvdesk mailbox configuration.
      14:06:11 ERROR [console] Error thrown while running command "uvdesk:refresh-mailbox "italerts@navarino.gr". Message: "syntax error, unexpected '?'" ["exception" => ParseError { …},"command" => "uvdesk:refresh-mailbox "italerts@navarino.gr"","message" => "syntax error, unexpected '?'"]
      It is in the line : $check_mail = $check_mail ?? $address['address']; I believe is the questionmarks.

• @DD

{
    $check_mail = "";
    $check_mail = $email[1];
    }
    $check_mail = $check_mail ? $check_mail : $address['address'];
    return $check_mail;
    }
    }
    return null;
    }

try this once , if you still getting the same error please let me know

• I got the same error. I run the the refresh-mailbox with --verbose command and i got the below error :

1. Processing uvdesk mailbox configuration.
      16:38:42 ERROR [console] Error thrown while running command "uvdesk:refresh-mailbox "italerts@navarino.gr" -v". Message: "syntax error, unexpected '?'" ["exception" => ParseError { …},"command" => "uvdesk:refresh-mailbox "italerts@navarino.gr" -v","message" => "syntax error, unexpected '?'"]

In MailboxService.php line 55:

[Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError]
    syntax error, unexpected '?'

Exception trace:
    at C:\wamp\apache2\htdocs\uvdesk\vendor\uvdesk\mailbox-component\Services\MailboxService.php:55
    require() at C:\wamp\apache2\htdocs\uvdesk\var\cache\prod\ContainerKpvVYYE\srcApp_KernelProdContainer.php:516
    ContainerKpvVYYE\srcApp_KernelProdContainer->load() at C:\wamp\apache2\htdocs\uvdesk\vendor\symfony\dependency-injection\Container.php:243
    Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->make() at C:\wamp\apache2\htdocs\uvdesk\vendor\symfony\dependency-injection\Container.php:225
    Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->get() at C:\wamp\apache2\htdocs\uvdesk\vendor\uvdesk\mailbox-component\Console\RefreshMailboxCommand.php:60
    Webkul\UVDesk\MailboxBundle\Console\RefreshMailboxCommand->execute() at C:\wamp\apache2\htdocs\uvdesk\vendor\symfony\console\Command\Command.php:255
    Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run() at C:\wamp\apache2\htdocs\uvdesk\vendor\symfony\console\Application.php:952 Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand() at C:\wamp\apache2\htdocs\uvdesk\vendor\symfony\framework-bundle\Console\Application.php:87
    Symfony\Bundle\FrameworkBundle\Console\Application->doRunCommand() at C:\wamp\apache2\htdocs\uvdesk\vendor\symfony\console\Application.php:273
    Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun() at C:\wamp\apache2\htdocs\uvdesk\vendor\symfony\framework-bundle\Console\Application.php:73
    Symfony\Bundle\FrameworkBundle\Console\Application->doRun() at C:\wamp\apache2\htdocs\uvdesk\vendor\symfony\console\Application.php:149
    Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run() at C:\wamp\apache2\htdocs\uvdesk\bin\console:42

• @DD Have you tried to clean cache after the php file edit?
    SSH command: php bin/console c:c

• Yes i tried clear cache but i am getting the same syntax error

• Can you please share the screenshot of your updated code. ?

• getemailaddress.JPG

• @DD

you did not pasted the code in correct formate , That is the reason it is giving you the error . you wrote "public " & "function getEmailAddress($addresses)" in two different line .

{
            $check_mail = "";
                    $check_mail = $email[1];
                }           
            $check_mail = $check_mail ? $check_mail : $address['address'];
                    return $check_mail;
                }
            }
                return null;
        } 

• Thank you for the reply. As for the "Syntax Error" corrected according to your suggestion.
    The mail issue still remains. I am getting the emails/tickets of the mailbox and of the group that the mailbox belongs to.

• I mean that when i refresh mailbox the i am receiving the emails of the italerts mailbox and not the emails of the IT group that the italerts mailbox is member.

• @DD

Okay , now I have done some changes for you .

Please follow the given steps:

1. Open the MailboxService file, path of this file is given here :
      -> project-name\vendor\uvdesk\mailbox-component\Services\MailboxService.php

2. Open the Updated MailboxService file from here.

3. Take a backup of your project MailboxService file first.

4. Now copy the whole code from github Updated MailboxService file & past it in your project Mailbox service file .

5. run the SSH command: php bin/console c:c & after that run the Mailbox refresh command.

I hope this time it will work for you , If not please let me know

• Vipin,
    i've done what you suggest but it doesn't work

• Mailbox refresh command fetch only last 24 hours mail & converted only those mail into ticket .

so can you please tell me , you got any mail from group to your email in last 24 ?

• No unfortunately not. Actually i tried a lot of things before sent a request to the forum.
    For example i deleted all the emails from the italerts mailbox , sent a new email to IT group , where italerts is a member , but i didn't receive it.
    By the way everything else works fine. Customers created automatically, refresh mailbox works well too when it counts the emails.

• As you told that italerts is a member in IT group . So whenever someone try to sent mail in IT group. will it automatically shows in IT group member's inbox ?

• Yes that's true. I tried several Helpdesk systems before and all of them worked with fine with this.

• okay send one new mail to IT group . then check in italerts member inbox , when it will receive in inbox then after run the mailbox refresh command. but makesure you have done the updates which i shared you the last .

Also take the screenshots of each steps which you followed.

1. I delete everything from the italerts mailbox.
    2. I sent an email to IT@ and the italerts receive it.
    3. Restart Apache.
    4. Clear cache ( php bin/console c:c )
    5. Run the refresh command. (below is the screenshot)
      image_2021-05-26_132657.png
    6. Nothing appeared in the Tickets link of UVDesk

• So Mail is converted into ticket or not ?