Cannot get emails to fetch from IMAP server.
Steps so far;
- Created mailbox with IMAP provider
- Tested credentials via webmail
- Tested incoming/outgoing mail server settings via Outlook, can send and receive emails
- Configured the Swift Mailers via web GUI and allowed the system to make mailer ID and made a note of this
- Configured "Mailboxes" using tested IMAP details and allowed the system to make note of mailer ID
- SSH'd into VPS, cd to root directory /var/www/html and ran PHP bin/console uvdesk:refresh-mailbox Mailer ID and got the attached message, doesn't matter if I use the email address associated with the mailer id or the mailer id itself, neither work.
I'm so close to having a working system, hopefully somebody can give me some pointers to troubleshoot the issue further.
Also may or may not be related but I tried to send an email using the "php bin/console swiftmailersend" function and that also fails with an error I cannot understand as no -f option was specified.
Mods please move this to technical help, my apologies for creating in the wrong subforum
I have already performed the latest advice from here:
And this has not resolved the issue.
OliverGray last edited by
Some POP and IMAP email accounts use an outgoing mail server (SMTP) that requires authentication.
Thanks for the reply @OliverGray, however, I can only assume that configuring the SwiftMailer with authentication details should provide the above command with the credentials for the outgoing connection?
@leedsy90 Hi, try to look here: https://www.uvdesk.com/en/blog/setup-mailbox-uvdesk-open-source-helpdesk/
I have already followed this guide when setting up the mailbox and have since deleted the mailbox/swiftmailer configs and tried again, several times to no avail.
I'm lost at what to try next or even how to troubleshoot this further, any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.
@leedsy90 do you have email configured on swiftmailer and also mailbox?
Two screenshots of this two pages can help.. I suggest to cover / hide from the screenshot the first part of the email before the @ .
Also, once you activate the two steps, generate and save recovery backup codes in a safe place where no one can access.
Once you done all this steps you will need generate a specific app password than use that password in UVdesk when you configure the email address instead use the Google account password.
Be sure also to not use wrong SSH command.
> > This discussion < < can maybe help.